Tuesday 14 August 2012

Eid Family Tradition: makmur Raya cookies or Biskut Arab

Eid is upoun us!

Are you ready?

I know I'm not seeing that my wedding is like a week after Raya! hamaigads!

But there is comfort, and the comfort is in tradition, things that don't change no matter how old you are, and what year it is. And for me it is making melt-in-your-mouth Makmur Raya cookies. My family doesn't have many traditions, we are "modern" like that. We dont have a kampung to rush to, no "lampu pelitas" to light, we dont play with fireworks (anymore), so this one tradition, plus taking raya family portraits are something that I truly cherish.



Here we assemble all the ladies; aunts, nieces, and cousins; and make the Siru family secret recipe makmur cookies!

This is the dough, or what's left of it.


And with well trained hands we fill the douch with crushed salted peanuts



Like so...



I broke tradition and made heart shaped ones, hehe



and we bake!




Cooling down by my aunt's window



Then my other aunt ices them with sifted icing sugar, and I went crazy snapping pics







And done! yumms..


Since this is a secret recipe I can't share it! hehe sorry, but here is a recipe for makmur cookies and maybe you can start your own tradition!


love,
far







1 comment:

Penny for your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...